Introducing a delicious dinner option that is not only meat-free but also low in calories! With the use of eggplant, you can create flavorful and satisfying burgers that will impress the whole family. These burgers have a unique taste that will leave everyone craving more, and you won't even have leftovers because they will be finished in no time.
Eggplant Burgers: A Tasty and Healthy Alternative
Many people are not fond of vegetables, making it a challenge to incorporate them into meals. However, with this eggplant burger recipe, you can find a delicious way to enjoy vegetables without sacrificing taste. The best part is that the preparation is quick and simple, allowing you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 burgers
Calories: 140 per burger
- 2 eggplants
- 1 egg
- approximately 100 grams of breadcrumbs + 40 grams
- 40 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Some minced fresh basil leaves
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Start by trimming the eggplants, peeling them, and leaving strips of skin on the sides. Dice the eggplants and set them aside.
- Pour a drizzle of oil in a non-stick pan and add the crushed garlic cloves. Add the diced eggplants, season with salt and pepper, and let them soften and brown.
- Remove the garlic cloves, turn off the heat, and transfer the eggplants to a bowl to cool down.
- Add the egg, salt, and pepper to the cooled eggplants. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Incorporate the grated Parmesan cheese and minced basil into the mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and approximately 100 grams of breadcrumbs in two steps. Continue working the mixture until it reaches a soft and compact consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oiled ring on top. Sprinkle the bottom with breadcrumbs. Fill the ring with a spoonful of mixture and flatten it with a spoon to create burgers. Sprinkle the surface with more breadcrumbs and press with a weight to shape the burgers. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- In a non-stick pan, drizzle some oil and transfer the burgers. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned.
Notes and Tips
- If you don't have a ring or a pastry cutter, you can shape the burgers with your hands.
- For a step-by-step visual guide, you can watch the video recipe and subscribe to the YouTube channel.
As a passionate article writer, I take joy in exploring various topics and diving deep into research. This collaboration with blogs allows me to express my love for writing and share valuable information with readers.
Disclaimer: The information and services provided in this article do not replace medical consultation or diagnosis by a licensed physician. The content is intended to supplement, not substitute, the relationship between patients and healthcare professionals. Furthermore, the mentioned products are reviewed for informational purposes only, as the effectiveness may vary from person to person.
Hi, my name is Emma and I am a passionate writer and editor at spartanewspapers.com. With a keen interest in health and wellness, I strive to provide our readers with informative and engaging articles on topics such as dieting, nutrition, and natural remedies. One of my most memorable moments at spartanewspapers.com was when I interviewed a renowned nutritionist and gained valuable insights that I could share with our audience.