Indulge in a guilt-free dessert with this delectable walnut and cream cake that is both flourless and butterless. Not only is it a flavorful treat that will satisfy your taste buds, but it is also a perfect option for breakfast. Even those on a diet can enjoy this cake without feeling excessive remorse. With just a few simple ingredients, including walnuts that help regulate cholesterol, you can whip up this delightful dessert in no time. Let's take a look at the recipe and how to prepare it.
A Delicious and Healthy Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 10 slices
Calories: 150 per slice
- 100 grams of chopped walnuts
- 130 grams of erythritol (or 120 grams of sugar)
- 5 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 packet of vanilla
- A sufficient amount of cocoa powder for garnish
- 700 ml of milk
- 25 grams of erythritol (or 10 grams of stevia – 30 grams of sugar)
- 12 grams of vanilla sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Begin by pouring the egg whites into a stand mixer and beating them until stiff peaks form. Then, add the vanilla, erythritol (or sugar), and cornstarch while continuing to mix.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, add the chopped walnuts and fold them in gently with a spatula. Transfer the mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180°C.
- After baking, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream. In a saucepan, heat the milk and add the sweetener (or sugar), cornstarch, flour, and egg yolks. Whisk the mixture together and cook over low heat until thickened. Incorporate the vanilla sugar and mix well.
- Cover the cream with plastic wrap and let it cool.
- Flip the base of the cake onto a work surface and cut it into 3 equal parts.
- Using a piping bag, create dollops of cream on the first layer of the cake. Cover with the second layer, fill with more cream, and then place the final layer on top. Add more cream on the top layer and dust with bitter cocoa.
- Allow the cake to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
As an enthusiastic writer, I have always enjoyed diving into various topics and sharing my thoughts through writing. Collaborating with blogs has allowed me to explore different themes and express my passion for writing.
Disclaimer: The information and services provided on the website do not substitute medical consultations, visits, or diagnoses from healthcare professionals. The content is intended to complement rather than replace the direct relationship between patients and their physicians. The products mentioned are reviewed for informational purposes and individual results may vary.
I am Daniel, a passionate writer and editor on the spartanewspapers.com team. With a keen interest in health and wellness, I strive to bring the most up-to-date and informative articles to our readers. In fact, I even once wrote an article about the benefits of laughter therapy, purely based on my own hilarious experience at a comedy show. Join me on this journey to explore all things related to maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle.