Discover a delicious and nutritious side dish that will perfectly complement any dinner. This recipe for baked gratin pumpkin is not only flavorful, but it also provides a crispy outer texture and a delicate inside. Even those who are not big fans of pumpkin will find themselves enjoying this dish. Furthermore, it is a great way to introduce the little ones at home to the flavors of the garden. With just a few simple steps, you can create a light and delicious side dish that everyone will love.
– 500 grams of pumpkin
– 100 grams of breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons of Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese, grated
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 2 sprigs of rosemary
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Pepper and salt to taste
1. Start by cleaning the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and internal fibers, and then peel and dice the pumpkin. Set it aside temporarily.
2. In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, black pepper, and grated garlic. Mix well to combine.
3. Season the pumpkin with a drizzle of olive oil and salt. Stir with spoons to evenly coat the pumpkin.
4. Transfer the pumpkin cubes to the breadcrumb mixture. Coat the pumpkin thoroughly by mixing with spoons.
5. Place the coated pumpkin cubes on a baking sheet lined with greased parchment paper. Leave enough space between the cubes.
6. Garnish the surface of the pumpkin with whole cloves of garlic, sprigs of rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil.
7. Preheat the oven to 240°C and bake the pumpkin for approximately 20 minutes on the lowest shelf, using the fan mode. Halfway through the cooking time, move the baking sheet to the top shelf.
8. Once the pumpkin is cooked, remove it from the oven and serve.
As you can see, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare. In just 35 minutes, you can have a delicious and nutritious side dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkin is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. It is low in calories, making it a great addition to any balanced diet. It is also a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber. These vitamins and minerals are essential for maintaining good overall health and supporting a strong immune system.
Feel free to customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. You can add additional spices, such as cinnamon or paprika, for extra flavor. You can also experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella, to create a unique and tasty dish. The possibilities are endless, so don't be afraid to get creative in the kitchen.
Baked gratin pumpkin is a delicious and nutritious side dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is quick and easy to prepare, making it a convenient option for busy weeknight dinners. The crispy outer texture and delicate inside will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Give this recipe a try and discover a new way to enjoy the flavors of the season.
Hi, my name is Emma and I am a passionate writer and editor at spartanewspapers.com. With a keen interest in health and wellness, I strive to provide our readers with informative and engaging articles on topics such as dieting, nutrition, and natural remedies. One of my most memorable moments at spartanewspapers.com was when I interviewed a renowned nutritionist and gained valuable insights that I could share with our audience.