Indulging in a sweet treat can often be a guilty pleasure, especially when trying to maintain a healthy diet. However, there is a cake that offers a delicious solution while not compromising your figure. The coffee, chocolate, and nut cake is a flourless delight that is perfect for those on a diet or following a healthy eating plan. This cake is not only low in calories, with each slice providing approximately 200 Kcal, but it is also made with ingredients that promote good health, such as nuts and oats. This delectable dessert can be enjoyed on any occasion and is best shared with friends, creating a joyous and convivial atmosphere.
A Cake for Energy-Packed Breakfasts and Enjoyable Afternoon Snacks
With the coffee, chocolate, and nut cake, your breakfasts will become more energetic, and your afternoon snacks will be even more enjoyable. The best part is that preparing this cake is incredibly easy, even for those who are not well-versed in baking. All you need is a bowl to mix the ingredients and a whisk. It's that simple!
The Recipe: Coffee, Chocolate, and Nut Cake – No Flour or Sugar!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Calories: 200 per slice
- 300 ml of espresso coffee (we recommend 150 ml of coffee + 150 ml of water)
- 150 gr of dried plums
- 70 gr of nuts
- 2 cups (250 ml each) of oat flakes
- 2 full tablespoons of stevia sweetener (or 4 full tablespoons of sugar, maltitol, or erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder (or baking soda)
- a tablespoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of vanilla
- 3 full tablespoons of grated chocolate
- To begin, place the oat flakes in a mixer glass, cover with the lid, and blend until finely ground.
- Transfer the obtained oat flour to a bowl. Add the baking powder (or baking soda), cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix well with a whisk.
- Place the plums and nuts in the mixer glass and blend until combined. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula.
- Pour in 150 ml of coffee and stir. Then add the remaining 150 ml of coffee. Combine everything until you obtain a compact but soft consistency.
- Taste the batter and adjust the sweetness according to your taste and the amount of coffee used. Add more sweetener if necessary.
- Line a round cake pan with a diameter of 18 centimeters with parchment paper. Spread the batter evenly and level it well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, garnish the still warm cake with grated chocolate.
Notes and Tips:
- To lessen the coffee flavor and make it lighter, you can use only 150 ml of coffee and replace the other 150 ml with water.
- For a video recipe and more cooking inspiration, you can subscribe to the YouTube channel!
Writing has always been my passion, and I am fortunate to be able to contribute as an article writer. I enjoy diving into various topics and sharing my knowledge and insights through collaborations with different blogs.
It is important to note that the information and services provided in this article are not medical consultations, visits, or diagnoses by a healthcare professional. The intent is to complement, not replace, the direct relationship between the patient and healthcare professionals. The products mentioned are reviewed for informational purposes only, and individual success may vary.
Hi, my name is Emma and I am a passionate writer and editor at spartanewspapers.com. With a keen interest in health and wellness, I strive to provide our readers with informative and engaging articles on topics such as dieting, nutrition, and natural remedies. One of my most memorable moments at spartanewspapers.com was when I interviewed a renowned nutritionist and gained valuable insights that I could share with our audience.