Are you someone who prefers savory breakfasts and snacks over sweet ones? If so, then you're in for a treat with these pumpkin and oat flour fritters. Not only are they delicious, but they are also incredibly healthy, making them the perfect choice to satisfy your cravings while benefiting your body. Whether you're looking for a special breakfast or a tasty snack, these fritters are sure to impress your family and even the pickiest of eaters, especially children. Plus, they are quick and easy to make, so you won't have to spend hours in the kitchen.
The Recipe for Pumpkin and Oat Flour Fritters
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: for 6 people
- 700 grams of pumpkin
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of oat flour (or wheat flour)
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of grated light Galbanino cheese
- 1 finely grated clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- Sufficient amount of minced coriander (or dill)
- Sufficient amount of pumpkin seeds (optional)
- First, peel the pumpkin using a knife. Then, grate it using a coarse grater and place it into a mixing bowl.
- Next, add the eggs, yogurt, finely grated garlic clove, salt, and pepper to the pumpkin. Mix everything thoroughly using a kitchen spatula.
- Add 1 cup of oat flakes to the mixture and stir well. Then, cover the bowl with a flat plate and let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Once the resting time is up, add 3 tablespoons of oat flour to the mixture and mix it properly. Then, incorporate the grated Galbanino cheese and stir until well combined. Enhance the flavor by adding minced coriander and incorporate the breadcrumbs if desired.
- Line the bottom of a small round hinged cake mold with appropriate paper and grease it. Spread half of the mixture over the mold, leveling it out. Garnish the surface with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake the mold in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour a drizzle of oil into a non-stick pan. Take spoonfuls of the remaining mixture, shape them into fritters, and add them to the pan. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the fritters for 2 minutes on each side over low heat.
- Finally, serve the fritters and the savory pumpkin cake. The dough can also be used to make just the fritters or a larger savory cake. The choice is yours!
Whether you're looking to enjoy these fritters as a savory breakfast or a delicious snack, they are sure to please. The combination of pumpkin and oat flour creates a unique and flavorful dough that is as healthy as it is tasty. The addition of grated Galbanino cheese and minced coriander brings extra richness and flavor to the fritters, making them truly satisfying. Plus, the pumpkin seeds on top add a nice crunch and visual appeal.
What makes these fritters even more appealing is the quick and easy preparation process. In just a few simple steps, you can have a batch of mouthwatering fritters ready to be enjoyed by yourself or shared with others. The recipe allows for customization as well, so feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste preferences.
So why not give this pumpkin and oat flour fritters recipe a try? Not only will it satisfy your savory cravings, but it will also provide you with a nutritious and wholesome snack or breakfast option. Don't be surprised if these fritters become a regular addition to your meal rotation!
Hi, my name is Emma and I am a passionate writer and editor at spartanewspapers.com. With a keen interest in health and wellness, I strive to provide our readers with informative and engaging articles on topics such as dieting, nutrition, and natural remedies. One of my most memorable moments at spartanewspapers.com was when I interviewed a renowned nutritionist and gained valuable insights that I could share with our audience.