Introducing the Delicious and Healthy Vegetable Meatballs: A Perfect Dish for the Whole Family!
Vegetables are not only nutritious and good for our health, but they can also be transformed into delicious and flavorful dishes. One such dish is the vegetable meatballs, which not only enhance the taste of vegetables but also surpass the classic meatballs in terms of flavor. These vegetable meatballs are not only a fantastic dinner option for adults but also a pleasant surprise for children's taste buds. If you are looking for a healthy, genuine, and light dish that the whole family will enjoy, you have come to the right place. The best part is that these meatballs can be prepared in just a few minutes, making them perfect for a quick and nutritious meal. Once you try them, you will find yourself making them over and over again without ever getting tired of their marvelous flavors.
The Recipe for Vegetable Meatballs: A Family Favorite
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 32 minutes
Total time: approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 12 meatballs
Calories: 80 per meatball
- 600 grams of zucchinis
- 2 peeled and grated potatoes
- 2 finely grated and peeled carrots
- 2 spring onions, sliced into rounds (optional)
- 50 grams of cheese, cut into cubes (such as light Galbanino)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of semolina flour (or regular flour)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Firstly, trim the zucchinis, peel them with a peeler, cut them in half, remove the internal seeds using a spoon, and grate them.
- Place the grated zucchinis in a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl, add salt, mix, and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the grated (raw) potatoes, transfer them to a clean bowl, add the squeezed zucchinis, the finely grated carrot, and set them aside for a moment.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl, beat them with a whisk, pour them over the vegetables, add the sliced spring onions, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and semolina flour, then mix with a spatula and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After the resting time, take a handful of the mixture at a time, stuff it with a cube of cheese, close it with some more dough, and roll it into a meatball shape.
- Drizzle some oil in a non-stick pan, place the meatballs in it, let them cook for 2-5 minutes on both sides until they turn golden, then transfer them to a rectangular glass baking dish and cook them in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 150°C.
- Once they are ready, serve them on the table and enjoy a tantalizing and healthy dish.
These vegetable meatballs are a fantastic way to enjoy the flavors of vegetables while also satisfying both adults and children. The ease of preparation and the wholesome ingredients make them a perfect dinner option for the whole family. Whether you are health-conscious or simply looking for a scrumptious vegetarian dish, these vegetable meatballs are sure to become a family favorite. So, gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to indulge in a delightful and nutritious meal!
I am Daniel, a passionate writer and editor on the spartanewspapers.com team. With a keen interest in health and wellness, I strive to bring the most up-to-date and informative articles to our readers. In fact, I even once wrote an article about the benefits of laughter therapy, purely based on my own hilarious experience at a comedy show. Join me on this journey to explore all things related to maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle.