Introducing Cauliflower Meatballs: A Healthy and Delicious Dish for the Whole Family
Getting children to eat vegetables can be a challenge, especially when it comes to cauliflower. But what if we told you there's a simple trick that can turn this nutritious vegetable into a dish that even the pickiest eaters will love? With our recipe for cauliflower meatballs, you can create a meal that is not only packed with minerals and vitamins, but also irresistibly delicious. And the best part? Each meatball contains only 50 calories!
An Appetizing and Nutritious Alternative to Regular Meatballs
When it comes to convincing kids to try new foods, presentation is key. By transforming cauliflower into meatballs, you can make them visually appealing and highly tempting. The combination of an egg, cheese, and breadcrumbs not only adds flavor, but also helps bind the cauliflower together, giving it a meaty texture that even meat lovers will appreciate.
Simple Preparation and Low Calorie Content
Preparing cauliflower meatballs is surprisingly easy and requires just a few common ingredients. After cooking and mashing the cauliflower, simply mix in the sliced onion, breadcrumbs, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Add an egg and chopped parsley to bring everything together. Shape the mixture into meatballs, coat them in breadcrumbs, and let them chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Finally, bake them in the oven for 15 minutes and serve.
Not only are these cauliflower meatballs delicious, but they are also a great option for those looking to watch their calorie intake. With just 50 calories per meatball, they can be enjoyed guilt-free as part of a balanced diet or weight loss plan.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: approximately 1 hour
Cooking time: approximately 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Servings: 15 meatballs
Calories: 50 per meatball
- 1 not too large cauliflower
- 1 sliced onion
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small egg
- 30g of breadcrumbs + as needed
- a pinch of salt
- Sufficient amount of chopped parsley
- Wash the cauliflower and cut the florets. Place them in a pot with slightly salted water and let it soften.
- Drain the cauliflower and mash it with a fork or potato masher. Add the sliced onion, breadcrumbs, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add the egg and chopped parsley. Combine everything to homogenize the mixture.
- Take a walnut-sized portion at a time and shape it into meatballs. Coat them in breadcrumbs and lightly press them.
- Place the meatballs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Whether you're trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables or looking for a healthy and delicious meal option, cauliflower meatballs are a winning choice. They are easy to prepare, packed with nutrients, and loved by everyone. So why not give this recipe a try and surprise your family with a dish that is both tasty and nutritious?
My name is Olivia and I am a passionate writer on the team at spartanewspapers.com. With a deep love for health and wellness, I bring a unique perspective to our blog. An anecdote that always makes me smile is when I discovered the power of herbal remedies by successfully treating my own persistent cold with a homemade ginger tea.